Do you catch yourself peering over the checkout counters to see what point of sale system a retail store is running? If so, I can relate. I know I have a problem, and I can admit it. Once I see that a retailer’s terminal is anything other than IBM, I have been known to leave a store disappointed, no matter what treasures my bags contain. I have become so passionate about IBM point of sale systems (specifically the SurePOS 700 series for retail) that I have even questioned store personnel about their registers (as if they know what they need??). It makes for an interesting conversation, especially before I tell them I work for a Point of Sale company. While the cashiers have to be nice to me (after all, I am a customer), I often get confused looks and answers like “I hate our cash register” or “I guess it runs when I turn it on.” Call it market research, call it obsession, or call it standing behind your products, I will tell you why the SurePOS 700 system has been the leading point of sale system in the world for large and mid-market systems:
- Retail-Hardened-Each IBM system goes through rigorous tests (electrostatic discharge, bullet proof, thermal dynamics, spills and drips, baseball bat proof, magnetic susceptibility, operational vibration, drop fragility, chemical resistance, lightning strike simulations, slobber proof, and radio frequency interference)
- IBM Light-Path Management-Limits hardware downtime by monitoring the system, remote management for predictive maintenance
- Warranty– One-year onsite service and up to two years additional service contracts available
- Environmentally Friendly– Power management and use of recycled plastics (think about the benefit refurbished terminals and peripherals have on the environment!)
- Dual Video display capability-Enhances customer experience
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor– Support the latest innovative applications with speed and flexibility
- Seamless Experience– Customer service, timely product selection, competitive pricing, nimble supply channels, and global sourcing differentiation
- Serviceability– Secure and easy access to components reducing service time and cost
- Service Life- cycle- up to 7 years following withdrawal from the market
- Integration– Ability to meld current devices with new, high tech peripherals to stay up to date with the latest technology
I could go on, but I won’t bore you with the details. The statistics say it all anyway-90% of the top 10 worldwide retailers have installed IBM POS solutions (Source: Deloitte Global 250, published 2007). If you do not currently use IBM products, I promise, you will not regret jumping on the bandwagon for this decision (there’s lots of first class seating still available in here). Ask Retail Tech about the savings and total cost of ownership IBM products will provide. This may be an eye-opener for you. Until then, I will continue to look at your terminals with scorn and find a way to show you the light!
Don’t forget—Retail Tech can sell you new, refurbished, or combination (hybrid) IBM systems. With the IBM POS Consignment Vendor Contract, we have over 120,000 sq. ft. of inventory, more than anyone in the industry. Contact us today to learn more.