The IBM SurePOS 500 XX3 series features infrared touchscreen technology. The IBM 4840 SurePOS 500 POS System can make your retail or hospitality environment the best it can be with retail-hardened SurePOS 500 Series models. These models will allow you to choose the latest IBM-Partner software for your specific environment, enabling you to run many system unit options and wide array of peripheral devices.
The IBM SurePOS W63 Infrared Touch Terminal is identical to the 4840-563 except it comes preloaded with Windows XP Professional. It features a 12.1-inch or 15-inch active color display, 2.0 GHz processor, 128 MB memory, 40Gb Hard Drive, Dual Bulb LCD, Wireless Capability, Multimedia, and a Presence Sensor.
- 128 MB or 256 MB of memory standard on most models, with upgrades to 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, and 2GB.
- 8 to 64 MB UMA video memory
- A 40 GB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive (HDD) or greater, standard.
- Wall-mount capability for drive through or kiosk applications
- Port enhancements, including powered 12V and 24V USB ports, standard.
- A wide range of optional features including receipt printers, independent video adapter to run multi-media on the second display, and trays to keep the counter neat.