The IBM 4694-244 is a wide footprint model. There are two processors available: an AMD K6 166MHz OR a 266 MHz Processor. It comes standard with 8Mb memory and a 3.2 Gb Hard Drive, but both can be upgraded.
The 4694-244 also uses 72 pin fast page mode SIMMS and has 4 sockets. Memory must be installed in matching pairs, but the pairs do not have to be the same size. These machines can support up to 128 MB of memory and can use 4 MB, 8 MB, 16 MB, or 32 MB memory SIMMS.
Other features include:
- One 3.5-inch 1.44-MB diskette drive
- Two serial ports
- Ethernet LAN adapter
- One keyboard port
- One mouse port
- One parallel port (wide models only)
- 32 KB of nonvolatile memory
- Nonvolatile real-time clock
- SVGA support
- Other ports for peripherals (printer, cash drawer, etc)