- Modular platform with separate scanning, payment and bagging units helps optimize front-end checkout
- Offers retailers opportunity to speed checkout, optimize floor space, improve cash management with cash recycling, and offer real investment protection
- Designed for ease of use by consumers with 100 percent above-the-counter interactions.
- Delivers retail-hardening quality, reliability, security and compliance with PCI Security Standards
- Powered by IBM’s sophisticated CHEC software environment to drive added value
- Leverages IBM and authorized Business Partner’s support and services capabilities and proven best practices
Introducing IBM Self Checkout System 6
Meet the new—modular—IBM Self Checkout System 6 that will change the way you think about checkout. This innovative self checkout system, with modular scanning, payment and bagging units and new cash recycling capabilities, offers retailers an innovative solution that can optimize front end checkout and provide real investment protection. With its modular design, this new self checkout solution can help speed checkout, optimize floor space, and improve cash management and security, with a continued focus on quality, reliability, and security as well as compliance with PCI Security Standards. In other words, a modular self checkout system that can make checkout smarter for both the shopper and the retailer.
Complete solution with modular hardware, innovative software and proven services
The modularity of the System 6 design is purpose-optimized to leverage the powerful—and proven—IBM Checkout Environment for Consumer-Service (CHEC) software environment to offer retailers a totally integrated self checkout solution that can effectively manage and help lower total cost of ownership (TCO). CHEC software allows for retailer-unique custom extensions, running on a global base application, while incorporating an open, reliable POS integration and systems management capabilities.
Globally, IBM provides support and services capabilities in all self checkout engagements and offers proven best practices to ensure that IBM self checkout can be successful in your retail environment.