The IBM SurePOS 500 XX3 series features infrared touchscreen technology. The IBM 4840 SurePOS 500 POS System can make your retail or hospitality environment the best it can be with retail-hardened SurePOS 500 Series models. These models will allow you to choose the latest IBM-Partner software for your specific environment, enabling you to run many system unit options and wide array of peripheral devices.
The IBM 4840-573 Leadership Multimedia unit is the largest model of this family and displays excellent visibility in bright light via a 17 inch touch screen that provides the largest screen and widest viewing angle for showing large amounts of information or graphics on the screen or training many people at once. It also has wireless capability through a PC Card type-II slot, and a headphone jack for private, quiet training in active environments. An independent video adapter is available as an option to display a multimedia image on a second LCD for advertising or upselling. A presence sensor saves you money by automatically switching the display on and off based on the operator’s proximity. Where stringing cable is not practical, a PC Card expansion slot enables the use of wireless capability.
The IBM SurePOS 573 Infrared Touch Terminal features a 17-inch active color display, 2.0 GHz processor, 128 MB memory, 40Gb Hard Drive, UltraBright LCD, Wireless Capability, Multimedia, and a Presence Sensor.
- 128 MB or 256 MB of memory standard on most models, with upgrades to 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, and 2GB.
- 8 to 64 MB UMA video memory
- A 40 GB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive (HDD) or greater, standard.
- Wall-mount capability for drive through or kiosk applications
- Port enhancements, including powered 12V and 24V USB ports, standard.
- A wide range of optional features including receipt printers, independent video adapter to run multi-media on the second display, and trays to keep the counter neat.